9th expanded, updated and revised edition of the classic reference used by 1 million plus traders and investors worldwide.
Long considered the definitive foundational work on technical analysis, this milestone, expanded 9th edition of “the bible of technical analysis” offers both proven, time-tested trading and investing techniques and updated contemporary know-how for success in different market conditions:
- How to improve your trading and investment performance by analyzing stock trends.
- How to apply the three basic principles of charting, and how to interpret common patterns.
- When to buy; how to use stops.
- How to avoid significant losses by using charts to figure out when and how far prices will fall.
- What to do during speculative frenzies.
- Contemporary updates to Dow Theory.
- Practical portfolio theory and practice. 500+ real-life chart examples — each an analysis and trading lesson in itself.
AUTHOR: John Magee | Robert Edwards
EXTENT: 832 pp
"There is no better place to begin your education in market behavior than this pioneering book. It has stood the test of time and will continue to apply in the future, because the engine of market patterns and human social psychology never changes." — Robert R. Prechter, Jr., President, Elliott Wave International
"#1 all-time classic . . . the best (book) on chart patterns ever written!" — Edward Dobson, Traders Press, Inc.
"The standard of excellence against which everything in technical analysis is measured." — Ralph Acampora, Prudential Securities
"The 9th edition contains some 'jewels' developed from Magee's work, Basing Point analysis and risk management, as well as additional material demonstrating the power of chart analysis in commodity trading. It is a daunting task to update a classic of this complexity and reputation . . . . I am pleased to recommend this edition to new readers and old readers alike." — John Murphy, author of Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets and Inter-market Analysis