Investment Opportunities and Tax Benefits for NRIs in India.
India is one of world’s fastest growing economies. NRIs can uniquely benefit from this growth both because of their familiarity with the country and the special investment benefits and tax concessions offered to them, with repatriation facilities.
This bestselling guide provides NRIs clear, incisive and profitable insights into:
- Important investment avenues in India
- Investment opportunities in Indian shares and mutual funds
- Opportunities and benefits of investing in immovable property
- The tax haven that is India
- Highlights of relevant taxation provisions, including double taxation agreements
- How residential status impacts taxability status
- Different types of NRI incomes: what is Indian income, forex income
- Forex remittances by NRIs and FEMA provisions
- Banking options and preferentials
- Best options for NRIs planning to return to India
- Baggage rules — what comprise baggage; what attracts duty, what doesn't
- Also, NRI-related provisions of Budget '19, and much else.
In effect, NRIs enjoy a "favoured son" status in India, which provides them the greenest of financial pastures. Come, find out how you can benefit from it.
AUTHORS: A N Shanbhag | Sandeep Shanbhag
EDITION: 20th (FY 2019-20)
EXTENT: 280 pp
IMPRINT: Vision Books