Hold Your Head Up High
The purpose of this book is to teach you how to achieve attitudes about yourself that you will want to live with; to introduce ideas which are simple yet so powerful that they can change your life. Remember it is not what others believe about you, but what you believe about yourself, that makes a big difference.
Attitudes you would want to live with:
- Be Yourself — Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
- Value Yourself — The person who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.
- Develop — A healthy sense of self-acceptance.
- Accept — Your short-comings and do not let them interfere with your enjoyment of life.
- Disagree — Do not hesitate to disagree with others; take disagreement in your stride.
- Confront — There comes a time in life when some confrontation must be attempted in order to make the other person back off.
- Refuse — You cannot do everything, but do not refuse something that you can do.
One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.