How to invest in shares profitably and wisely.
The world over people invest a large chunk of their savings in shares and the stock markets. There are excellent reasons and terrific advantages of doing so:
- Your capital appreciates quickly. Over the long term, investment in shares can easily offer a return at least double of what is possible from fixed deposits in banks, for instance.
- You also get regular income through dividends.
- Shares are a readily encashable investment unlike, say, investment in property.
- Investments in shares are very easy to manage.
- You don't need a lot of money to start. Many of India's 50 million shareholders have investments ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 25,000 in the stock market.
This hugely popular book tells you the basic principles and guidelines of profitable investment in shares. It also highlights the basic rules to follow in order to ensure reasonable safety of your capital. And it does all this in simple, clear language without resorting to jargon or technicalities. You don’t need to be an MBA, a chartered accountant, or a mathematical wizard to profit through shares. All it requires is common sense, and spending a little time and effort in educating yourself with the basics. So, if you are one of those who want to invest in shares but don’t know quite how to go about it, then you can’t do much better than starting with this book.
SIZE: 140mm x 216mm
AUTHOR: S S Grewal, Navjot Grewal
IMPRINT: Vision Books
S.S. Grewal was a former IAS officer who quit the bureaucracy to devote himself full-tilt to the stock market. He had an educational background spanning science, engineering, literature and economics, and was a practising investment consultant.
Mr. Grewal wrote four bestselling books on the stock market, including Making Money on the Stock Market: A Practical Handbook (1983), Profitable Investment in Shares: A Beginner’s Guide, Successful Stock Market Investing (1987) and The Thinking Investor (1995), all published by Vision Books.